What is a true eclectic to do when her passions lead her in different directions?
This is a blog for the unfocused, the round pegs in the square holes, the short-attention span types, and all those who just can't bring themselves to join the ranks and adhere to a single category of activities or interests...whether sketches, drawings and comics, fixing an old farmhouse in Oregon, or whatever else strikes my fancy.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Meeting at RACC (07-12-12)

I attended a meeting at the Regional Arts and Culture Council today regarding the guidelines for project grants.

As I understand it, this type of grant seems best suited for established artists who already have contacts within the theater or gallery circuits. Let's say I want to propose a poetry reading; to be able to be considered for a RACC project grant, I must already have a venue booked up for this event.. This is also cool if I am, let's say, a painter, and a gallery is applying with the intent of booking me in the future... Otherwise, it doesn't look like there would be a way to make it work.
I may have misunderstood, and I will have to read all eleven pages of the grants guidelines paperwork, but the application process seems very complicated and restrictive...

Anyway, I gave myself the fun challenge of drawing people in the room...

Rapt audience listening to Helen Daltoso's presentation
And here are the panels in their original form, as drawn on four two-page spreads of my sketchbook, all connected later as the large panel above.


5 comments:

  1. You transmit a great sense of the meeting from these wonderful sketches - I enjoyed seeing the panels individually, as well as the sense of scale from the panorama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a challenge drawing one person, you achieved a room full, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful sketches! Love the way you captured everyone's expression

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sketches are all great! I LOVE the panoramic idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great sketch, great layout - your people have so much character abut them.

    ReplyDelete