What is a true eclectic to do when her passions lead her in different directions?
This is a blog for the unfocused, the round pegs in the square holes, the short-attention span types, and all those who just can't bring themselves to join the ranks and adhere to a single category of activities or interests...whether sketches, drawings and comics, fixing an old farmhouse in Oregon, or whatever else strikes my fancy.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WiPP Meeting (09-17-13)

This month, the Women in Portland Publishing (WiPP) met at Powell's Books for a special tour of the Rare Book Room.

Since I am late all the time, I got there at the end of the tour, but in time to take a look around the space, a wonderful square room on the third floor of the bookstore, decorated with wood paneling in the style of a 19th century library room. My impression, based on my memory of the last time I had been there was that with many books front-faced organized to fill the shelves, there are fewer books than in the past.

We went on to Deschutes Brewery, a very popular meeting place, to spend a couple hours trying to shout over the roars of the crowd.

I sat near artist Anne Connell and, bored with the inability to follow aor participate in any conversation, retreated in my sketchbook to draw her.


No comments:

Post a Comment