What is a true eclectic to do when her passions lead her in different directions?
This is a blog for the unfocused, the round pegs in the square holes, the short-attention span types, and all those who just can't bring themselves to join the ranks and adhere to a single category of activities or interests...whether sketches, drawings and comics, fixing an old farmhouse in Oregon, or whatever else strikes my fancy.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A sketch of Marty Feldman (02-03-10)

Recently, it seems that everyone on Facebook has been posting celebrity look-alike photos as profile pictures. I wanted to do something different, so rather than putting up a photo found on the web, I decided to draw my own profile image... This drawing was inspired by a shot of Marty Feldman in his role as Igor ("eye-gore") in "Young Frankenstein" (1974).

4 comments:

  1. LOL...I loved that movie! Your sketch is spot on! One time I sat on my glasses just before going to get my driver's license picture retaken. Because they were bent a little, the light reflected in one eye but not the other...right over my pupil. It earned me the nickname Marty Feldman. And I had to keep it for eight years, unless I was willing to pay for another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it has been a long time! Nice to see you around again. Great sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I had the same idea as you, but I already have 5 drawings going at once! lol! Great sketch! Love those eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this pic! Marty Feldman was fantastic and, I live the film Young Frankenstein! Great sketch...

    ReplyDelete