What is a true eclectic to do when her passions lead her in different directions?
This is a blog for the unfocused, the round pegs in the square holes, the short-attention span types, and all those who just can't bring themselves to join the ranks and adhere to a single category of activities or interests...whether sketches, drawings and comics, fixing an old farmhouse in Oregon, or whatever else strikes my fancy.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Art Class at the Milwaukie Center (07-27-11)

I drew this sketch of some of the students in the Sketching for Journaling class I teach at the Milwaukie Center. We worked on outdoor scenery elements in the lovely community garden at the back of the building.


The challenge I encountered in this exercise was to keep everything on a (mental) grid, with credible perspective reflecting my position on a higher plane. Pretty tough!

4 comments:

  1. You definitely succeeded! I could tell right off that you were at a higher level. The perspective looks good to me. I love the name of your new blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! You found an interesting perspective and pulled it off beautifully! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sketch! And love the rest of your artwork as well ^^

    ReplyDelete