What is a true eclectic to do when her passions lead her in different directions?
This is a blog for the unfocused, the round pegs in the square holes, the short-attention span types, and all those who just can't bring themselves to join the ranks and adhere to a single category of activities or interests...whether sketches, drawings and comics, fixing an old farmhouse in Oregon, or whatever else strikes my fancy.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Mensa Conference in Portland (07-02-11)

So... I read in the Oregonian that Mensa was holding its annual conference in Portland, and I decided to take on the challenge and try out for the test (it's this thing I gotta prove to myself that I can still be one of the best...)

Well, I most likely FLUNKED! I finished only TWO out of 20 Math questions... Arrrgh! Even after all these years in the U.S., I can't make any sense out of the U.S. measuring system and I freeze the minute I see the words "Gallon" or "Yard"... As for the other tests, either I ran out of time, - my brain was playing elevator music to itself -, or the very 70s retro graphic images were so tinny, I couldn't figure out what they were (aside from something that looked like mashed up intestines...).

A reaffirming message to remember
Taking the test gave me a pass to attend the conference the same day and I went to an informative workshop given by French member Thierry Brunel, about Gifted Adults in the Workplace. Small consolation about the test: he advised me that one should always take the test that applies to one's native culture...
Meeting for the Pacific NW Region members
Girls at Pioneer Courtyard Square

No comments:

Post a Comment