What is a true eclectic to do when her passions lead her in different directions?
This is a blog for the unfocused, the round pegs in the square holes, the short-attention span types, and all those who just can't bring themselves to join the ranks and adhere to a single category of activities or interests...whether sketches, drawings and comics, fixing an old farmhouse in Oregon, or whatever else strikes my fancy.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

artMOB Meeting in Milwaukie (05-16-12)

Curious about how ideas, plans and decisions are made that affect the local community, I decided to attend one of the meetings of the artMOB, the local organization that focuses on the arts and cultural events for the city of Milwaukie.

As an artist, my personal opinion is that organizations that focus on the arts and cultural events seem to engage in a lot of talk... And I can't say that my opinion was changed in this case. Lots of good intentions, and ideas for projects that denote sincere intentions and an attempt at innovation, but...

And I don't know why, I felt kinda like a fifth wheel at this (public) meeting...

The artMOB committee
Staff Liaison Beth R.

No comments:

Post a Comment