What is a true eclectic to do when her passions lead her in different directions?
This is a blog for the unfocused, the round pegs in the square holes, the short-attention span types, and all those who just can't bring themselves to join the ranks and adhere to a single category of activities or interests...whether sketches, drawings and comics, fixing an old farmhouse in Oregon, or whatever else strikes my fancy.

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

About the comics... (09-30-08)

[. . .] As for the comics, since they tend to be the way I tell personal issues, I realize that I am taking the risk that people will think, "Well, she's so darn shallow, with her obsession about her appearance," etc. But this is ME, take it or leave it. Meet me halfway, and you'll see that we have a lot in common.
I am not looking for advice; I am not looking for solace. I think that inner peace is something that is gained from life experience, and obviously, I still have a lot to learn.

2 comments:

  1. I think your sketchbook is stunning and can relate to the art being 180 from the writing, works for me too.But I hadn't thought of it, so you gave me some ideas to mull

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't we all still learning? Or at least, we should be. Feelings are pretty universal and I wouldn't trust someone who is never up or never down. I much prefer real.

    I enjoy your attitude coming through your "comics" like the ladies in Paris who take their poodles out to "crap" somewhere. Someday I am going to have a pink, tiny poodle and I promise I will pick up the crap she leaves behind! So many people like to show just the happy or good side but that's not reality. Keep on goin' girl. I enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete