What is a true eclectic to do when her passions lead her in different directions?
This is a blog for the unfocused, the round pegs in the square holes, the short-attention span types, and all those who just can't bring themselves to join the ranks and adhere to a single category of activities or interests...whether sketches, drawings and comics, fixing an old farmhouse in Oregon, or whatever else strikes my fancy.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Why I draw (09-25-08)


My sketchbooks are a source of comfort and pleasure. Whenever I feel bored or unsure about a situation, or when I plain don't feel like being sociable, I know that, in my purse, a world of escape awaits. They are my memory of events I enjoyed, my record of places visited, my outlet for what can't always quite be said in words.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like sound reasoning to me. Now if I can only get over that "everyone is watching me" idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I mean "shy," as not wanting to call attention to myself in the middle of a crowd. I like to observe more than to participate. Of course, people will see me sketching, and they'll come to look at what I am doing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I feel the same way. that's inspiring. I need to draw more often.

    ReplyDelete